Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Diwali

Today is the eve of Deepvali and I am sure all those who are celebrating this festival are busy preparing for this special day.

At the same time, many have balik kampung while a big number are only travelling today. No matter what, I hope that those who are driving will drive safely.

I remember those days when mobile phones were a luxury, I would buy greeting cards a month earlier and send them via snail mail to my friends who celebrated Deepavali.

Today, when mobile phones have become a necessity, I don't have to do that anymore. I just send text messages a day or two before the occasion or just call them to wish them a Happy Deepavali. After all, it's the thought that counts, right?

Finally, to all my friends who celebrate Deepavali, I wish you all a very Happy and meaningful Diwali. To those of us who are enjoying the day off, have a wonderful weekend.

jennyiyan's recollections...

No comments: