Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Aging gracefully

I'm once again at the computer while waiting to go for my exercise. It's been five days now since I last went as it has been raining every evening. Yesterday as I put on my shoes the rain started to pour. Once again I had to put off my plan. Today the weather has been fine so far. I remember before the rainy season started, I've been going for my exercises diligently, to the extent of being called a 'fitness freak'. Well, why do I care so much about exercising? People say that as you age you tend to think more of being healthy and eating healthy food. How true it is. I find that I value good health now more than before. When I was younger, I always said I did not have time for exercise. Why? Because I would rather hang out with friends at my favourite spots, like the shopping complexes or the cineplexes. Now, even the food that I eat reflects my age. No ice, no soft drinks or no oily and spicy food. Eat lots of vegetables and fruit, etc, etc. In short, my food must be healthy food which have lots of fibre. I'm very afraid of falling sick. Whenever I hear of so and so being ill, I feel very sad and think of my own condition. When you are young, all these do not matter at all. Ah, we only live once. So, enjoy life to the fullest. But it's not so these days. I have started to value my life more and this is definitely a sign of growing old. I am so afraid that I would not be able to see Iyan and Mei-mei grow up. I hope to live long enough to see them grow up and be successful in life. However, I know all these lie in God's hands. If my time is up, then I'll have to return to my maker. Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy this life that God has bestowed me.

jennyiyan's recollections...

No comments: