Saturday, September 27, 2008

An Untimely Death

I was surfing the internet just now and found out that one of my favourite novelists, Andrew Britton had passed away on March 18, 2008. He was only 27. I could not believe what I had read. A young talent is gone. He had such a bright future ahead, but, who can stop God's will. I can imagine how his family members had felt at that moment. I have actually been looking forward to many more novels from him. It seems that he was working on his fourth novel when he passed away due to an undiagnosed heart problem. I first stumbled upon his novel while browsing for books at the Borders. It was The Assassin, which was his second novel. I fell in love with his writing straightaway and now I am reading his first novel, The American. Meanwhile, I have been looking out for his third novel, The Invisible. Only the hardcover version is being sold. I have to wait till 2009 to get the paperback version according to the sales personnel at the Borders. He had his first novel published at a young age of 21. His untimely death reminds me of Heath Ledger's death, also at a very young age. Both had so much going for them.

jennyiyan's recollections...

No comments: