Friday, October 3, 2008

A recollection...

It is raining again. Whenever it rains, I wish that I would be snuggled in bed reading my novel. It's been difficult to get the chance to enjoy it these days because more often than not, I'll be at my workplace. Many things crop up and I do not even have the time to think of such luxury, what more enjoy it. I remember when I was a young and naive girl with no worries in me, a rainy day was something I loved, and actually looked forward to. I would snuggle in bed and listen to the rain feeling happy that I did not have to be out there getting all wet, especially when there's thunder and lightning. At times I would sit by the window and look at the raindrops. Sometimes I would see children running around happily in the rain. I had wished that I was among them. But of course, my mum would never hear of that. At that time I did not understand why she did not allow us to join those children. Neither did we understand why we had to take a shower once we reached home, if any of us were to get caught in the rain. Now, as an adult I understand. My siblings and I are fortunate that we have a mum who was and is always there for us. Looking at all the children out there whose parents are busy working and only manage to spend a little time with them, I am truly thankful for my mum for being there for us all the time.

jennyiyan's recollections...

No comments: