Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Christmas again...

It's the time of the year again. Halloween, then Thanksgiving and finally Christmas! I love Christmas. It's the time for sharing and giving. Of course, it doesn't mean that I only give once a year. It's only that giving at Christmas means a totally different thing altogether. I just love to see the happy faces of the children and loved ones when they open their gifts. It's so special and so very different from birthdays, anniversaries or any other occasions. It's also interesting when you go shopping for Christmas gifts. The malls are all decorated and you see Christmas trees all over the place. It's like the malls have suddenly come alive and the seas of people shopping for Christmas gifts add to the lively atmosphere. Then we also hear Christmas carols which add to the nostalgia. All these set the mood for me to shop. Previously, I had to crack my head thinking of what to get for Iyan. Now that he is older, he'll list his 'orders' for santa. So, there's no problem for me in this area. But for Ilynne, I really don't know what to get her. She just wants anything Barbie and she has lots of them. At times I just worry that I would get her something that she already has. Sometimes, I would rather take her along so she can choose what she wants. But then, there wouldn't be any surprise anymore. Now, when I take her shopping, she will ask me, 'Taiyee, do you have money?' Iyan used to ask me the same question when he was younger. If I said I did not have money, he would say, 'Let's go to the ATM to get more money'. Sometimes he would want something, and after buying what he wanted, he would tell me, 'Oh no, Taiyee. I've spent a lot of money, let's go get more money'. Children are so innocent and it's such a joy being them! To all who celebrate Christmas, happy shopping and a blessed Christmas!

jennyiyan's recollections...

No comments: