Friday, December 26, 2008

Joy to the world ...

Today is boxing day. Boy, am I tired! Had a wonderful day yesterday. I have always loved Christmas. In fact, I love it more than Chinese New Year which I also celebrate as a Chinese. Maybe it's because of all the preparation before the day. All the shopping for gifts and also, all the malls are so beautifully decorated. It's like a competition out there. Everyone wants to outdo the other. I just love to go to all the malls and check out their Christmas decoration. Besides, I also love the look on the children's faces when they open their presents. Each Christmas eve, Iyan will tell me he wants to wait up for Santa and I will have to tell him that 'if you don't go to bed Santa won't come'. A few days before Christmas, he'd tell me, 'I wonder what Santa will be giving me this year' or 'I can't wait for Christmas to come'. Children! So innocent! Ilynne is still too young to understand all these but she is always happy when she gets presents. We had barbecue again this year. Well, it has been an annual affair for years now. Ever since all of us are grown up and can help around. We will also have it for Chinese New Year. So, it's a twice a year affair! I find that this is a healthier way of eating. Less fat in the food. I love it when everyone can come together and have a nice time, especially on Chinese New Year eve. Lots of noise and merrymaking. All the sharing, laughter and joy. Whatever misunderstanding is forgotten. Family ties! Bind us stronger than the strongest glue can ever do. Finally, A Blessed Christmas to all.

jennyiyan's recollection...

No comments: