Saturday, July 18, 2009

My BELOVED country...

Barely had the issue of the reversal of the PPSMI died down, the nation is once again shocked by the death of a young man with a bright future ahead of him. Many of us are saddened by the death of Teoh Beng Hock. I was very busy last week and did not have the time to read about the mysteries surrounding his death. I only managed to glance at the photos in the newspaper and of course, there were many questions that I would like answered.

I only had the chance to do so early this morning and it is horrifying when I think of all the unimaginable things that have been happening in my beloved country. People get blasted away, deaths happening in supposedly very safe places like the police station, corruption, etc etc etc. You name it and we have it. My God! And it's such a small country compared to all the giants in the world! Unbelievable! Learn more at here and here.

I remember when I was in the primary school, my teachers used to drum into my classmates and I the importance of loving our country and that we were so fortunate to be living in such a peaceful country. So, in my growing up years, I would not hear of people talking bad about the leaders of my beloved country. Such a naive little girl.

But as I ventured into the working world, I started to see the other side of things. I started to learn more about all the things that the people in power had done, the corruption, etc etc and it's like I was looking at a whole new Malaysia and it really saddens me that as the country is being developed, corruption is also developing, but at a faster rate. What is happening? Where is their conscience? Where is the oath that they had taken?

No wonder Malaysia is being called Bolehland where everything is 'boleh'! To the point of taking the lives of innocent people. Memang Malaysia Boleh! I shudder to think what is in store for us and the future generations in the future.

jennyiyan's recollections...

No comments: